Sunday, December 2, 2018

Apple Devonshire

I tried this recipe recently for a dessert and is was pretty good.  The recipe does not say which type of apples to use, so I used Granny Smiths.  This turns out similar to a cobbler, but the apples are not cooked down (or canned) as they would be in a cobbler and it is not as sweet.  I think the next time I try it I will use a little sweeter apple and see what happens, but it was pretty good with the Granny Smiths.  Here is my grandmother's handwritten recipe:


By the way, if you do not have an apple corer-peeler, it sure is nice when you make things like this!  This one in the photo is like mine and has the suction cup to stick to the counter when using and is about $20 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I loved this dessert. It is light and not too sweet. Perfect with a cup of coffee:)

    ReplyDelete